When the teacher said it, I thought - "right, you have to take action."
But then she said, "... and isn't that wonderful?"
Wait a minute!
No. No, it is not awesome.
If I were my thoughts, imagine ...
- My house would always be impeccably clean.
- I'd read more, work out more, blog more, and sleep more.
- All my work projects would be complete and presented to the ooh's & aah's of my colleagues.
- I'd turn all my "Pins" into reality.
Or at the very least ...
- My laundry would be put away the same day it's washed.
- I'd read more OR work out more OR blog more OR sleep more.
- I would not be best known at work as "most often to forget her ID badge."
- I would have opened the sewing machine I bought to turn "Pins" into reality.
But, we all know what she meant.
We all have bad thoughts. Self-deprecating thoughts & judgmental thoughts. Mean thoughts, even sometimes violent thoughts.
The idea is that you can't control what thoughts come into your head, but you can control what you do with them.
- Let go of negative thoughts.
- Act on positive thoughts.
Still, it would be nice if this post had just written itself when I thought of it ... 8 days ago.