Tonight's menu was so simple I'm not sure I can even call it cooking. But you know what? It was delicious, and it was ~90% fresh ingredients. Gotta love that!
- Caesar chicken
- Last night, I took 2 chicken breasts and put them in Glad-ware, then covered them in Publix Lite Caesar dressing.
- When I got home (much later than usual) tonight, I pre-heated the oven to 350 degrees.
- I tossed the chicken breasts into a shallow baking pan, popped them in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- The hubben raved: "I love this lemon glaze you put on the chicken." Maybe I wouldn't have told, but I planned to post about it anyway!
- Sweet corn & orange pepper
- I had 2 left over ears of corn that we'd grilled Sunday night. I sliced the corn off the cobs.
- I had 1/3 an orange pepper leftover from grilled veggie combo on Sunday night. I'd already diced this up.
- I combined these in a Glad-ware and microwaved for ~3 minutes.
- Yes, I said MICROWAVED, and I didn't use any butter or salt or ANYTHING!
- Mom's "Ratatouille"
- Of course, the simplest cooking is the cooking someone else does.
- Yesterday, my mom sent home a yummy dish she makes in the summers. It's close enough to ratatouille, so I'll call it that.
- She chops up mostly eggplant, some bell peppers, some onions, some tomatoes. She tops it all with mozzarella & parmesan, and she bakes it. I don't know the temp or time. Sorry!
- All I had to do was microwave it tonight!
The little one sat & played happily while mommy "cooked" and did some dishes. Then she refused to eat anything but the chicken. Oh, and about 6 strawberries! :)