In 2011, I definitely did a better job of listening & being grateful. In 2012, I want to continue to improve.
- I have said before & will say again - it's hard to work in a hospital & not feel grateful. But that is largely a negative form of gratitude. As in, "I'm so glad I'm not sick, and my loved ones aren't either."
- What I want to work on is a postive gratitude. I have much to be actively thankful for - as mentioned in my last post: a great husband, wonderful daughter & sweet dog.
- I also have a great relationship with & lots of support from my parents - who, by the way, also provide a great example of a successful marriage!
- I work in a great hospital, with a group of amazing professionals, who have turned out to be a wonderful group of friends as well.
- I have extended family & friends all over the country, whom I get to see from time to time, and whom I love keeping up with otherwise!
- This year I will start statements of gratitude with "I am" or "I have" rather than "I am not" or "I don't have".
- In my defense, I am very interesting. (Very). But this year, I want to do more listening than talking. With friends, family, and total strangers. I have gotten much better at asking questions of others. Yet, I still find myself considering my next statement while they're talking. I also tend to dominate conversations.
- This year, I will listen more & talk less.